Office Moving Checklist
Are you getting ready for a big office move? Do you realize how an in-depth office moving checklist can help?
In order for your office move to go smoothly, you need to make sure you’re properly prepared. But, preparing for a move can feel overwhelming. With so much stuff to move and so much to figure out, where do you even begin?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed about putting together a plan for your office move, you’ve come to the right place.
Read on to discover the ultimate office moving checklist.
1. Get Organized
First things first, you need to get organized so you can start putting your office move together. Here are some things you should do 3 to 6 months before the move:
- Review Your Lease: If you plan to move early, it may cost you your deposit
- Put together a planning team who can be responsible for the moving process and delegate tasks
- Get quotes from local moving companies and do research to find the best movers
- Find out if you need moving insurance
- Set a budget for the move
Once you have the above in order, it’s time to start communicating with others about your move. Here’s what you need to do:
- Give notice to your current property manager
- Notify all your employees of the moving date and new company address
- Ensure your employee list is up to date
- Create a list of people you need to send a change of address to
- Notify all local partners, suppliers, and affiliates about your change of address (insurance companies, telephone companies, etc)
- Ensure your clients are up to date about your move
- Make sure all team members know their responsibilities with the move
- Make a reservation with a moving company
3. Prepare for the Move
Once everyone knows about the move, it’s time to start preparing. Here’s what needs to get done:
- Get a detailed floor plan of your new office
- Clearly define communal spaces on your new floor plan
- Plan how you’re going to lay things out in your new office space
- Sign any paperwork, permits, and licenses
- Send a detailed floor plan to movers and employees
- Set up access codes and security for your new office
- Order new furniture and office supplies if needed
- Create an inventory of items you’re planning to move
4. Make the Move
After all the above is done, it’s finally time to make the move. Here’s what you need to do to make it happen:
- Make sure everyone has your phone number and that you’re available throughout the move
- Alert moving companies about any parking issues and transportation issues
- Ensure that all tech equipment is moved first
- Allocate a budget for refreshments for the moving team and your employees
- Ensure that the moving company follows the new office layout plan
Office Moving Checklist: Are You Ready to Make the Move?
Now that you have this office moving checklist handy, you should be ready to make the move happen. Before you know it, you’ll be settled into your new space.
If you’re looking to hire an office moving company contact, Charles Moving & Storage. We take pride in the exceptional moving services we provide. Let us be your mover of choice and let us show you what we can do for you.
Trust Charles Moving & Storage as your preferred moving company in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and throughout the 48 contiguous United States.